November 9, 2009
This is a testimonial from an affiliate marketer getting banned from Google Adwords, even Google employee (With a nickname called Adwords Advisor in Webmaster World forum):
This is how Google is currently treating some Adwords customers, and has destroyed our business (amongst many, many others) and the livelihood of many people:
- 1. Has a long-running policy of causing high click costs when customers promote sites with poor landing page quality – otherwise known as a the Google Slap.
- 2. Adds to this policy by deciding that the promotion of poor landing page quality sites is sufficient to terminate accounts without warning. The landing page quality is determined by “the AdWords system” using secret “specific filtration methods”. No humans required.
- 3. Many accounts are shut down without warning, without any notification anywhere of this new policy. Typically affiliate marketers are those affected.
- 4. Many more accounts received a final warning, and then subsequently were shut down.
The chief complaint I think everyone has is that the process is automated, and there is no way to seek recourse, no matter how large you account is. Almost as bad is that system is unfairly biased towards super affiliates. A raw number of poor quality violations is used, irrespective of the size of an account. AdwordsAdvisor, correct me if I am wrong…
Our experience went like this:
- 1. First we ever knew about the policy was receiving a final warning.
- 2. We promote thousands of merchants – so it took about a week to remove every ad group that even has a remote chance of breaking landing page quidelines.
- 3. We ceased creating new ads or ad groups, so that we could not possibly lose our account.
- 4. One month later, after 12 hours of wondering why none of our ads are showing, we get the automated email saying our account is disabled.
Despite our very best efforts to do everything possible to please Google, it was all in vain. If we have caused bad user experiences in the past, it was minor (relative to thousands of merchants we promote), unintentional, and immediately rectified upon finding out about the new policy.
Multiple millions spent on Google Adwords Exclusive deals with many major online merchants We don’t even have landing pages – we direct link to merchants. Please, no replies bashing Google in general. I just wish to discuss this specific policy, and I’m hoping AWA can pass on that the current process is faulty and needs addressing by Google.
Without going to deep into specifics I can agree with what you are saying. As Google has grown they have lost their human side. Automated account closures are in my opinion very wrong. I am sure that Google’s automated processes more often than not catch the bad guys, but there is collateral damage and this has, and is causing businesses to go under. this applies to both sides of the fence Adwords and Adsense.
Automated processes are a good thing, but they should never have the final decision. If anything the automates system should flag accounts and they should be manual reviewed by a member of Google’s staff. If Google where to try and say the scale of their operation is to large for human intervention, then perhaps its time they grew up, show some responsibility and hired the extra staff. They aren’t just canceling accounts they are messing with peoples livelihoods.
This user/company/super affiliate is spending million of dollars in adwords earning money from affiliate and the good thing that everyone should focuss is that they revelead their secret they use “Direct Linking” and is working! What that means? With direct linking you still can make money online. Reading more about it even Google Advisor in the forum agree and check what he/she replied:
Already passed along.
I sent your post and a link to this thread to the right folks a short time ago, SuperF.
I know the comments in the previous thread have been taken seriously and that your comments here will be taken seriously as well – and we are exploring what changes can be made to the way this is handled.
I would like to mention also that´s why when you create a landing page you should create a “Full Website” instead of just a one-page (even 3-5 pages) landing page. I would like to recommend to check my PLR that I am selling to limited users which has 90,000 articles there in different niches.
Hosting of the Month
FatCow Web Hosting. Free Trial , Free Setup, Free Support – All risk free!
Subscribe To GoogleLady
Save This Page
Favorite This Post