November 8, 2007
When you are using Adwords or Yahoo Marketing or any other PPC company. You will come with this Bidding war with a company or an affiliate marketer. I can tell you this is the worst case that you can come when you use PPC. Being prepared before getting in the bidding war you will win for sure but what if you are not prepared? That will take time to win the war. There is a user/company that is complaining that he don’t like the bidding war in adwords:
I am having a difficult time trying to justify the increase in bids on a few of my keywords. What is happening is my competitor is actively in a bidding war with me and I am trying to determine what and acceptable defense is.
Meaning, I am not sure where to draw the line.
I have no doubts that we can out bid them, no doubts at all. I have upper management wanting us to be #1 for certain keywords, but when the cost starts eating away at the revenue I get concerned. So right now, I feel like I have been waging a costly war all week and while we are winning, its getting old having to hunt keywords down, constantly up bids etc.
By any chance would any one happen to know if there is a tool out there that can send me an email alert whenever ad positions change? Or even better, a tool that incorporates all major PPC engines in to one account and also send me alerts when things are going amiss? I know of search center, but have not heard of any more. Or better yet, perhaps there is a way in AdWords to alert me when my ad position drops?
First, for the question about the alert thing, I never heard on one of them. But you have to look at it as “good” because if Google Adwords will implent such a tool your competitors will know as well when they are in position #2 and will out-bid you “again”. That will be good for Google because you will pay them more and more each time you got the alert, this is a war and you have to play it wise. Now the question, how to be prepared before getting a war bidding. Google Adwords have a great system which you can win a Bidding war without bidding more. The following tips can help yo to be prepared:
- Before you start your campaigns put in mind Quality score and follow the Google Adwords guideline.
- Make your Landing page unique and “Great” Quality score.
- Make your ‘AD’ with a “great” Quality score, so you can get higher CTR which means you will be at the top without bidding higher. Read 31 Killer Writing AdWords Ads Tips and 49 Tips on Adwords.
- Track your Keywords performance and see if it is worth to win the war.
- Buy All the possible domain names with your main keyword so you can use it as a redirect and will increase your quality score and CTR. Yes that can be costly but it is really worth for those that make a living through PPC. You can check Godaddy coupon codes and use them to get a good discount. If any of your main keywords are reserved you can try new extensions like the us.com domain extension and try your luck on this one.
- The last and most important is read Googlelady.com So you can get the lastest tips on Adwords.
Hosting of the Month
FatCow Web Hosting. Free Trial , Free Setup, Free Support – All risk free!
Subscribe To GoogleLady
Save This Page
Favorite This Post